Gotta come and go but never stay

Just FYI, for some weird reason some pictures are not showing right on google chrome, put if you click them open they are fine. Did not even see this problem because I always use firefox.

Anyways.

You know in life you either want to go all the time or stay at your roots all the time. I'm a weird one. I like to go and see, but from time to times I just like to be alone and take it easy. 
This week I have been trying to go more and stay at my place less. 
Time flies here, can't believe already 2 weeks have passed and tomorrow I will go working in the travelling agency.

Start of the week was really laid back, by that I mean that I did not do anything interesting. On Wednesday I took my camera and went hiking to Birkenkopf. Yeah. Hiking. :D

The way there was a tough one because I had to climb all this random trail all the way up from the valley to the hill. Like 200 meters upwards. Exhausting. And when I thought that I reached my destination, there was some more uphill in front of me.

Standing on the highest point of Stuttgart!

 
So Birkenkopf is a place where are the ruins of Stuttgart's city centrum has been taken when most of it was bombed down during the Second World War. Birkenkopf is 511 meters above the sea level and on a clear day some people say that you can see the "Swabian alps" from there.

Known also as "Rubble hill" or "Monte Scherbelino", the hill is hiding 1,5 million cubic meters of rubble inside of it from Stuttgart's ruins. That increased the height of the hill for over 40 meters. One of the stone shards has a plate attached to it that says; This mountain piled up after World War II from the rubble of the city stands as a memorial to the victims and a warning to the living. (translated from german).

Some of the rubble has been left on top of the mountain for people to actually see it

Isn't this the best tree you have ever seen?

People also have some religious events on Sundays at Birkenkopf
Overall Birkenkopf gets 4 points out of 5 for me. But that is just because I like the WW history and the sunset was really awesome to watch from there. The views to the city were only OK. It is little bit too far away from the centrum to be a good spot to take pictures over the city.

Hey mommy, Its me!

Some geographical stuff about the place, picture is little shaky tho

Views to the city
So actually I spent my whole Wednesday after school in Birkenkopf and went home with big bowl of salad from lidl. x)

Birkenkopf was so high and on the shady side of Stuttgart, so I think thats why there was still some snow when I went there.

Because next day I went to Bad Cannstatt for the Aussichtsturm Burgholzhof and it was like a start of a summer there. Only downside was that I could not find so much information about the tower and did not know if it would be open or not. 

When I got there, it turned out that the tower will be open next time at May, so could not go in there. Also this time my own timing was not so good as with the Birkenkopf as the sun was already down when I arrived to the tower.

Some shitty panorama

Wild killerdog approaching

Winefields both sides :)

THE tower
In overall the place was 2 out of 5, but I think it was because of the tower being closed, sun had already gone down and nothing was particularly special there. And also, it was quite hard to get there. I still give some credit for the place, I think that in the right time of the year and day, it would be atleast 4/5.

On Thursday I was still eager to do something with my freetime after school, so after few hours of resting after school me and Taru went to Killesberg aussichtsturm, actually Taru had just been there a day earlier but she said she wanted to see it again. And I did not wonder why, the Killesberg park is really nice and the tower stands in the middle of the Killesberg park. You cant really miss it. :D

Killesberg aussichtsturm

back to black


Darude und Jusi
Doing my thing



One step away
We spent quite a much time in the tower, it has nice views around the city and the location is quite easy to get into. The killesberg park is also cool place, it was getting colder as the sun went down from the sky so we did not spend so much time in the actual park but below are some pictures from there. :)


Oh Hi, did not see you there :> 
Donkeys<3
They came to see if we have any food
So that was my week number two in a nutshell. Yesterday we went to my classmate Kris's place and had a nice evening there, did not really took any pictures in there but some of the people were playing this airplane boardgame that I used to play when I was like 10 years old or something so I had do take picture of that!!


We left there quite "early" but already so late that we had to order a taxi. Quite interesting for me because I drive taxi in Finland too, so it was funny to see german taxi driver and first I thought that the taxis are not so expensive than in finland, but as I was calculating today the trip from Kris's place to ours and the price that we payed... Its almost the same than in Finland so not a cheap one.

German taxi is also slightly different from the instrument panels than in Finland :)

Thanks again and we see you again next week :)

Life is full of choices and routes, you are the one who decides where to go. Only you can make your trip worthwhile, don't wait for miracles or you will get lost on your journey to awesome experiences!

0 kommenttia:

Lähetä kommentti